[Mccoypottery-talk] RE: Intro and Question/Brush McCoy

Jennifer Ley jtley@home.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:47:18 -0500

Well, I'm confused now too about the cookie jars.  In Huxford's Brush Mc-Coy book there
are many cookie jars made, according to the dates in the book, in the 50's and 60's.
This is obviously when Brush was on its own, no longer associated with the McCoy
family.  None of the marks are pictured ... but one would assume that they wouldn't say
Brush McCoy, only Brush.

Chiquita ...how are the Brush cookie jars marked?

I think it has to be incredibly confusing for new collectors because the two potteries
were, for a time, one.  I really feel for Jennifer.  Maybe someone with a Brush cookie
jar from that period could take a picture of the bottom and put it on line ??  Does the
cookie jar club have this?

the other Jennifer