[Mccoypottery-talk] RE: Intro and Question/Brush McCoy

BarbCrews barbc@thecookiejar.net
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:09:47 -0600

Not to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but I have never heard of a jar
marked Brush McCoy either -- a legitimate one that is!
Several ways to tell a repro is how it is crazed. There are definitely ways
to craze a jar to make it look old, and the
even pattern on this one is one way to tell. Most genuine old jars the
crazing is not that even. It might just be on the bottom, it
also can be"larger" blocks instead of the tiny ones shown completely
covering the jar.

This one is made to look like the Robinson-Ransbottom jar, but that jar is
much more detailed on the face, shading, etc.
They would be marked RRP Co. Roseville, Ohio 317.

If you have a chance, the RRP jar is shown in Roerigs Cookie Jar Book #1.

bc

  But the RRP jar.At 09:21 AM 11/16/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Try this link and see if it works:
>http://webs-best.com/Cookie%20Jar/CookieJar.htm

Barbara Crews
A Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll World!