[Mccoypottery-talk] RE: Intro and Question/Brush McCoy

ELIZABETH VAUGHN revaughn@webtv.net
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:26:14 -0500 (EST)

I had forgotten to check my husband's RRP book.  That is definitely a
copy of the RRP jar.  Theirs was made in 1949 and again in 1957-59.  It
had no mark and is valued at $125-$150.  One with gold trim is valued at
$50 more of either value.
As to the crazing faking, we saw a Red Riding Hood jar in a shop one
day.  It was marked McCoy.  We knew the owners well enough to tell him
that it wasn't McCoy, but I am not sure if they believed us.  If we
hadn't known better, the way it had been aged would have let anyone
think it was really old McCoy--crazed, stained bottom, etc.
Elizabeth