[Mccoypottery-talk] Repros

Jennifer Ley jtley@home.com
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 12:32:49 -0400

McQuita@aol.com wrote:

> Ann and everyone else. McCoy didn't make a red riding hood so if you
> see it and it's marked McCoy, run away from it....unless you choose to
> confront the seller about selling fakes.  Brush did make the cow with
> kitten on it's back but it's not McCoy...it's Brush.  I don't know if
> the reproducers have done it and marked it McCoy or
> not....Beware...Hanson/Nissen/Hanson, vol. 2...is a wonderful and
> up-to-date book that includes McCoy cookie jars.  Would make a good
> guide for you to study....If it's not there, chances it is NOT a mccoy
> cookie jar.  Chiquita

chiquita ... all

as someone who buys and sells mccoy ... the repros just make me sick.  I
know one of the members of this list has a pamphlet out about the repro
cookie jars ... but seeing that red riding hood at private auction on
Ebay just really makes me angry.

what else can we do?  there are always repros on good pottery items but
it would seem this situation is more agressive than most ... even with
the Roseville repros ... one rarely sees such agressive marketing on
Ebay.

would a group letter, signed by all of us and directed to the
appropriate ebay department help?  I don't like sitting here and just
getting angry.  my name on it wouldn't help but yours, and some of the
other people who've collected McCoy for years would ... what do you
think??

Jennifer

My Great Aunt Agnes
http://www.heelstone.com/agnes