[Mccoypottery-talk] Repros

Jim Conyers congard@msn.com
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 12:50:45 -0400

Little red ridinghood cookie jar re-pos are all over the place...coming out=
 of Tenn.-be careful,because they "look good" and are marked McCoy.  I have=
 one ($35) and it's a fake. AND...get this, I've been offered $65 for it by=
 a collector.    Bob Gardner=20=20
=20=20
----- Original Message -----
From: Jennifer Ley
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2001 12:38 PM
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] Repros
=20=20
=20=20=20
McQuita@aol.com wrote:=20=20
Ann and everyone else. McCoy didn't make a red riding hood so if you see it=
 and it's marked McCoy, run away from it....unless you choose to confront t=
he seller about selling fakes.  Brush did make the cow with kitten on it's =
back but it's not McCoy...it's Brush.  I don't know if the reproducers have=
 done it and marked it McCoy or not....Beware...Hanson/Nissen/Hanson, vol. =
2...is a wonderful and up-to-date book that includes McCoy cookie jars.  Wo=
uld make a good guide for you to study....If it's not there, chances it is =
NOT a mccoy cookie jar.  Chiquita

chiquita ... all=20=20
as someone who buys and sells mccoy ... the repros just make me sick.  I kn=
ow one of the members of this list has a pamphlet out about the repro cooki=
e jars ... but seeing that red riding hood at private auction on Ebay just =
really makes me angry.=20=20
what else can we do?  there are always repros on good pottery items but it =
would seem this situation is more agressive than most ... even with the Ros=
eville repros ... one rarely sees such agressive marketing on Ebay.=20=20
would a group letter, signed by all of us and directed to the appropriate e=
bay department help?  I don't like sitting here and just getting angry.  my=
 name on it wouldn't help but yours, and some of the other people who've co=
llected McCoy for years would ... what do you think??=20=20
Jennifer=20=20
=20=20=20
=20=20=20
My Great Aunt Agnes=20=20