[Mccoypottery-talk] Blue basketweave with tulip

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:24:17 -0200

Both companies  marked USA both used their names or  numbers and both
made unmarked There are big differences  in the glazes and upon close
inspection a Shawnee piece  was  not  quite up to the McCoy style even
though it looks similar  they made  like items  that look like  many
other pottery Companies , Some sellers really  don't know  what they
sell they go by  word of  mouth or  thinking  it is  such and  such
'cause they  saw one like it  LOL.
Question does anyone have an updated Hull book? Mine is  1997 and  and
never was a real good  reference  ,  I need to check on a piece of Tokay
(not  Tuscany) Its an Urn Approx.  5 1/2 by 6 1/2  the  small handles
are green  unlink  the one in my book where the handles are white  and
its a  tuscany which came after  Tokay.  Thanx Patti