[Mccoypottery-talk] McCoy in current issue of "Old-HouseInteriors"

Patti, Greg (Jim) & sync-hronicity jplev1@home.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:35:25 -0500

Hi , I  usually lurk  most of the time  usually I only have time to read  these    LOL.
My  Name  Is Patti  I   am a seller as well  as  a pottery collector  I have been in the
biz for    over 30 years    as was My Father  and so on  American Pottery and  Porcelain
being my favorite area . Brush  had its own company for  a long time after the split with
McCoy  ..   yes  there is  a lot out there  much hard to  Identify because it  was either
unmarked   or just had  numbers  with no name or   just marked USA.  It can be confused
with   some Hull,  Shawnee and McCoy.  There  Is  A brush Pottery  Guide I am not sure
of the Author  I think the  title is  The brush pottery Collectors  Guide,   I have one
but it is  stored away  right now with  most  of my other  Pottery guides we are  always
renovating  something so    I   can't keep  a lot of stuff   out   where I can easily get
to it   right now    . Much of Brush unmarked can be  identified by the way the  bottom
is     most  are   unglazed  and flat  almost   totally smooth  with no markings some
have    raised  parts like long short  feet  they may be  straight or angled like a  V.
Mostly Brush was basically  a lower  end    line of   pottery like planters and vases
with a few  art  lines  there  are   some nice  pieces and     has  recently become
popular due to the affordability  of   buying  especially  to a beginning pottery
collector with a limited  budget.

Ruth Ann Look wrote:

> Elizabeth,  Thanks for the info too, but this is the very first piece of
> Brush I have ever seen.  Is there not a lot of it out there?  Ruth Ann

Promote your site for FREE! Would you like to expand your advertising with zero dollars?
 I recommend that you sign up  with Free-Banners.com, the world's top FREE AD NETWORK.
"http://affiliate.free-banners.com/cgi-bin/adserver/affiliate?iid=291960
My Current  auctions
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=sync-hronicity
Stop by My e-showcase A Collector's Niche for great  affordable no bid items.
http://www.zcntr.com/collectors_niche/  http://www.peacelist.com
I am a premium PayPal Member  try it-its fast, secure, You can qulify to get a  5.00
bonus credit free.
https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=FBCJCU8NLCSP6