[Mccoypottery-talk] Fakes flooding the auctions sites!

Patti, Greg (Jim) & sync-hronicity jplev1@home.com
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:01:54 -0500

Unfortuneately  threr is New McCoy on the  market today I have seen
dealers will tables  full of this stuff at    fleas an shows   saying
Mccoy but   not   claiming it was the   original    vintage stuff many
say I don't know !!   It's  just like  With  the new Roseville it is
Perfectly legal   because the name  and  rights were sold  to various
makers  for remanufacturing.. the mark  shouldn't have USA on it  but
much of it does..   .   it should be   listed as New  not just under
the pottery name . To    not list it as new  is  in my view fraud   no
question.   The glazes and colors are   different   because     the
real pottery    companies never sold thier formulas.
The only way     we can gurad against  buying these   New   pieces is
to   check   up on  reproduction   which ones are being made  etc.. The
New    Foreign made Roseville can be bpught by the case cheap at a place
In  PA called Fred and Dotties who specialize in  selling repo
merchandise..  too many dealers buy this stuff  and artifically   age
it   by  serveral methods to make it look   "real" some    put  kerosene
in them  burry them   for a bit   to age them others  use citric acid
.   Unscrupulous dealers will do just about anything to  make a buck.
Lots are   hit and run delaers never selling in one   place or area
for very long. As fo ebay   doing something about it   they have
disclaimers  .   many  sellers will  not claim an item is genuine    but
also will not state it definately isn't even  when they know it is..
confused yet??
Same deal when you go to a live auction    no  expressed warrenties  as
is where is let the buyer  beware.

--
Promote your site for FREE! Would you like to expand your advertising
with zero dollars?

My Current  auctions
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=sync-hronicity

Stop by My e-showcase A Collector's Niche for great  affordable no bid
items.
http://www.zcntr.com/collectors_niche/  http://www.peacelist.com
I am a premium PayPal Member  try it-its fast, secure, You can qulify to
get a  5.00 bonus credit free.
https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=FBCJCU8NLCSP6