[Mccoypottery-talk] Auctions

Betty F. Nelson bettyfnelson@home.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 07:34:53 -0600

I have a booth at a place called Collectamania. There are about 160 dealers selling their
own stuff.  Not a flea market but certainly not an antique store.  I work there a couple
days a week and we have people come in every day with their own books.  But stop and
think, if you wanted to take a blouse into a clothing store to match slacks you would
definitely stop at the desk and say "I am bringing this in with me".      Our dealers
sell books so you need to have a way to say "This is mine". One of our regular shoppers
has made cloth covers with 10-12 ribbons sewed on the the part that covers the spine to
use as book marks.  There are always people with their own books at auctions and many
that get their exercise running back and forth to the car. Only reason any one would
object to you checking a book would be because they wouldn't want you to find out
something to benefit you.  I don't buy vehicles without driving them either!!      Betty
in Iowa
Thanks for the offer Barb I will send my auction prices to you to post.