[Mccoypottery-talk] Look at what they deemed inappropriate!!

Betty F. Nelson bettyfnelson@mchsi.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:21:34 -0500

Here I was so proud of my new cookie jar book and I found your jar in my old
reliable book by
Ermagene Westfall.I found this in Vol 2 page 107.  It says that it is a
Morton Pottery jar.  The company was founded by members of the Rapp family
in Morton Ill. in 1922. Ronald Cowan and William York bought the co. in
1969, but filed for bankruptcy in '71. Somehow the company was sold to AFK
industries then sold to the Rival Manufacturing Co. They make small
appliances, which includes crock pots.  The "crock" for the crock pots were
manufactured there. The pottery closed in 1979.  She gives the value of the
jar as $35-40. The values were updated in 2000.  I am so glad I could help
you.  Betty