[Mccoypottery-talk] Restoring McCoy Pottery

BarbCrews barbc@thecookiejar.net
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:02:46 -0600

To me it depends on the jar, e.g. I have an old Gumball Machine cookie jar
done in cold paint that is badly peeling. One day I will paint that one.
The value of the jar is around $75. and I don't think it would affect the
value much if any. and yes of course, if I sold it would say it was repainted.
I also have a Coalby cat that is missing a bit of the trim. That one I
would never touch up or repaint, it would affect the value on that one a
lot more.

But as of right now, none of the jars are repainted. It depends on what
folks want them for, to display, use or for later sale.

bc