[Mccoypottery-talk] fakes

Jbarnes5050@aol.com Jbarnes5050@aol.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:21:29 EST

Did anyone watch the program, 60 Minute II, last night? They had a segment on
E-Bay. I missed it unfortunately.

========Original Message========
Subj:   Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] fakes
Date:   10/31/02 9:40:55 AM Pacific Standard Time
From:   <A HREF="mailto:brittgifts@yahoo.com">brittgifts@yahoo.com</A>
To: <A HREF="mailto:mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com">mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com</A>
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hi all, this is my first post.  I've been reading and
trying to learn as I'm new at collecting McCoy
Pottery.  I couldn't resist replying to this tho...I
recently turned in a seller for shill bidding and it's
so obvious to me that the person was doing it (which I
didn't catch til after I won the auction- making me
legally responsible for my high bid), but ebay
protected the seller....the only logic I can find in
this is that the higher something sells for, the more
money they (eBay) make.  I realize they have to
'prove' someone wrong as they are a business and try
to be fair with everyone supposedly, but it seems to
me that I wasn't even given much of a chance to
explain myself (beyond the original complaint).  I
imagine that with much of this pottery, they're simply
ignorant and don't give the time to truly investigate
since it all sells so well.  Just my feelings on the
matter....not trying to offend anyone!

Brenda

--- McQuita@aol.com wrote:
> it has been reported over and over and
> over.....hopefully if enough of us
> offer them legitimate complaints, they'll listen.
> chiquita

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/