[Mccoypottery-talk] ebay article

Ladypockt@aol.com Ladypockt@aol.com
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 23:08:26 EST

There are 1000's of honest sellers on ebay who offer good deals.  I hate to
think that a few "Fayes" keep you from checking out the bargains that can be
had on ebay.   I've been buying & selling on ebay for years and I have been
"misled" too, but I believe the majority of the sellers are honest.  Watch
for the feedback on the seller's you're buying from.   Educate yourself,
research items...it's the same in the real world...if you go to a flea
market, or auction, or where ever to get your items.  You can be "ripped off"
anywhere.  I see the fakes in the antique malls, estate sales, flea
markets...they're everywhere.  It's not just ebay.

I sold mail order to people in the McCoy Collectors Club, Hull Collectors
Club, Roseville Collectors Club, etc. before there ever was an ebay.  I've
sold in antique malls, at shows, flea markets and had my own shop.  The fact
of the matter is that Ebay is the least expensive way for me to market my
goods at this point.

Ebay sales are setting the market prices for most collectibles at this point,
so I think you are more likely to be ripped off if you don't keep up with
what's going on there.   I wish there would have been an ebay before I got
rid of alot of really rare items I had some years ago.  I would have held on
to some things that I'll probably never be able to find again at an
affordable price.  Things like several McCoy swimming fish jardinieres that I
really liked, but got cheap and decided to sell.   Do you still have any of
them Chiquita???   Oh, I long for the days of the $15-$20 McCoy flower form
vases.  How rich I would be if I'd only held out 10 years.  Well, hang around
here and other McCoy collectors like Chiquita and get an education.  There
are some bargains on ebay too, especially now because so many people are
leary of some of the items.  Just remember...when in doubt, ask lots of ?'s.
You'll learn what's a good deal.

look at me seller = ladypockt on ebay