[Mccoypottery-talk] hey guys

Tom Walker teedub@gamewood.net
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 16:55:56 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

--------------Boundary-00=_8LVOG6G0000000000000

I got up this morning and went to a flea market.=0D
There was a man there selling McCoy.=0D
We started talking and he showed me an old looking black bean pot with a
design on the front.=0D
It had a number 3 marked in the bottom  and he was asking $20 for it.=0D
he seemed very knowledgeable about McCoy.=0D
I had a feeling that he was a shady dealer.=0D
Then he showed me an old bowl "from the 30's"=0D
it had the Lancaster mark on it, which told me that it was from the mid 70
s!!!!!!!!=0D
I had actually started to buy the bean pot but after the deal with the bowl
I decided not to buy anything.=0D
He had some very interesting things and pretty reasonably priced.=0D
I just had a feeling.=0D
you know that "feeling" when it comes to you.=0D
he also told me that some older McCoy had only the USA mark on the bottom.
Is this true.=0D
also I found a pitcher that was said to be McCoy but it had no marking on
bottom this one can be found in sanfords guide #3 (red book) pg169 top left
#121 but obviously it was a fake.=0D
just letting you guys know what i found or "didn't" find.=0D
Tom
--------------Boundary-00=_8LVOG6G0000000000000

Here was a non admissible message part of 'image/gif' MIME type. It has
been automatically discarded before sending the message to the list.