[Mccoypottery-talk] hey guys

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 00:27:13 -0200

--Boundary_(ID_6a5fVVxk9O7GgBwB0o/nOQ)

Yes also sometimes just a number some are even un marked but after you
learn  more you  should be able to  tell  a McC  item  by look  color
shape etc.  check  every guide you can  some  updated ones  remove
items to add others  so even older  books are an asset to have

Tom Walker wrote:

> I got up this morning and went to a flea market.There was a man
  there selling McCoy.We started talking and he showed me an old
  looking black bean pot with a design on the front.It had a number
  3 marked in the bottom  and he was asking $20 for it.he seemed
  very knowledgeable about McCoy.I had a feeling that he was a shady
  dealer.Then he showed me an old bowl "from the 30's"it had the
  Lancaster mark on it, which told me that it was from the mid
  70's!!!!!!!!I had actually started to buy the bean pot but after
  the deal with the bowl I decided not to buy anything.He had some
  very interesting things and pretty reasonably priced.I just had a
  feeling.you know that "feeling" when it comes to you.he also told
  me that some older McCoy had only the USA mark on the bottom. Is
  this true.also I found a pitcher that was said to be McCoy but it
  had no marking on bottom this one can be found in sanfords guide
  #3 (red book) pg169 top left #121 but obviously it was a fake.just
  letting you guys know what i found or "didn't" find.Tom
>     IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here

--Boundary_(ID_6a5fVVxk9O7GgBwB0o/nOQ)

--Boundary_(ID_U/t4PdVvxg+iXJeU6pYOHA)

Here was a non admissible message part of 'text/html' MIME type. It has
been automatically discarded before sending the message to the list.

--Boundary_(ID_U/t4PdVvxg+iXJeU6pYOHA)

Here was a non admissible message part of 'image/gif' MIME type. It has