[Mccoypottery-talk] hey guys

mjr twinner2@zbzoom.net
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 09:36:42 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C28EE6.00E9A690

Yep.  Some McCoy is just marked USA.   Mary Jo
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Patti=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2002 6:27 PM
  Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] hey guys

  Yes also sometimes just a number some are even un marked but after you le=
arn  more you  should be able to  tell  a McC  item  by look  color shape e=
tc.  check  every guide you can  some  updated ones  remove  items to add o=
thers  so even older  books are an asset to have=20
  Tom Walker wrote:=20

          I got up this morning and went to a flea market.There was a man t=
here selling McCoy.We started talking and he showed me an old looking black=
 bean pot with a design on the front.It had a number 3 marked in the bottom=
  and he was asking $20 for it.he seemed very knowledgeable about McCoy.I h=
ad a feeling that he was a shady dealer.Then he showed me an old bowl "from=
 the 30's"it had the Lancaster mark on it, which told me that it was from t=
he mid 70's!!!!!!!!I had actually started to buy the bean pot but after the=
 deal with the bowl I decided not to buy anything.He had some very interest=
ing things and pretty reasonably priced.I just had a feeling.you know that =
"feeling" when it comes to you.he also told me that some older McCoy had on=
ly the USA mark on the bottom. Is this true.also I found a pitcher that was=
 said to be McCoy but it had no marking on bottom this one can be found in =
sanfords guide #3 (red book) pg169 top left #121 but obviously it was a fak=
e.just letting you guys know what i found or "didn't" find.Tom=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C28EE6.00E9A690

Here was a non admissible message part of 'image/gif' MIME type. It has
been automatically discarded before sending the message to the list.

------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C28EE6.00E9A690--