[Mccoypottery-talk] The eBay fake

chris cjubic@nycap.rr.com
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:14:02 -0400

The thing to do is contact the Attorney Generals of both the sellers and bu=
yers states. They have complaint forms for such things as what seems to be =
going on here with fraud. I am sure they would be very interested. Since it=
 can be considered as "interstate commerce", you may also want to contact t=
he Attorney Generals Office  of the United States.=20
Hope this Helps
Chris
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Amanda Ramsey=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 11:01 PM
  Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] The eBay fake

  She is really good- I have to admit!! I am not sure what to do; I have go=
ne through every channel I can think of on Ebay, and still they are doing n=
othing! She actually has 2 PO boxes, the one in SC, and the one in TN... an=
d she has a home address listed for SC when I requested her info.=20

  I would love to get the media involved, as we first talked about, but I j=
ust don't have the time or energies to do it, as I work full time and have =
a 2 yr old, among other chores, etc ( single parent here!!), so I can't per=
sue it like I would like...=20

  But I am open to suggestion also, and anything I can do to help, since I =
have had personal experience of purchasing one of her FAKES!!, I will.=20

  By the way, she did email me again DEMANDING that I send her jars back so=
 that she could refund my money-- sweet as honey, said that she doesn't wan=
t anyone to be unhappy with her auctions!! I know why she did this, because=
 I threatened her with court- and told her her jars were the proof. They ar=
e such junk-- I still can't believe the insides are smeared with rough ceme=
nt to add weight!=20

  She takes the cake, for sure!=20

=20=20=20

   VSMITHW@aol.com wrote:=20

    Well, I've controlled myself about as much as I'm able...this woman is =
making me crazy and I'm furious.  I know it's true that she is raking in mo=
ney from those folks who have absolutely no idea what to expect on eBay...I=
'm just waiting to see what happens when these people re-list these same it=
ems on eBay.  I'm disgusted that eBay won't do anything about "Faye" and I'=
m not sure what else we can do. If anyone has any good ideas, I'd love to k=
now about them.

    I've attached below the message I sent to her earlier.  Does anyone hav=
e a plan - this is really becoming a huge problem.

    Vicki

    "The "real" McCoy never made a Red Riding Hood anything.  You are a dis=
grace...the items you're selling are fakes - you know it - and you're playi=
ng folks on eBay for sucker! s. You've done real damage to those honest eBa=
y sellers of McCoy pottery.

    My understanding is that shampoo in the vending machine in prison costs=
 $7.00 for 2 ounces. Better save your money, honey.

    Faye's Southern Memories...now Rock of Memories.  What will you become =
next?"