[Mccoypottery-talk] Reply from Rock to ebay member copied to me

Amanda Ramsey mandaramsey@yahoo.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:11:33 -0800 (PST)

 Gypsygirl1977@aol.com wrote:Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 23:06:49 -0500
From: Gypsygirl1977@aol.com
To: mandaramsey@yahoo.com
Subject: Fwd: Question from eBay Member

From: Rock_of_Memories
Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member
To: gypsygirl1977@aol.com

Hi Rebecca,
We are new and have not change our User I.D. The cookie jars are not the older ones which we do not list as old.  The Mccoy trademark was register in "92 by Roger Jensen with the aid of his attorney.  Some of his cookie jars were feature in the " 93 book by Fred and Joyce Roehing. The older Mccoy collectors will not recognize these cookie jars, they called them "fakes".
When we first started, we had our feedback public.  The older Mccoy collectors were emailing the bidders about these cookie jars and other items, and calling them "fakes".  We had, for example, a strawberry pitcher and bowl made by Mccoy. The bidder that won this item sent us an email stating that someone had sent her an email saying it was a fake!  She ask us, and we reply it was an original.  When she receive the item, She was Proud and give us a positive rating!  The same thing happen on a bayonet sword.
Our only negative was a hard-to-please buyer over a candy dish. He claims the top was cracked, so we sent him the necessary insurance forms.  He still give us a negative.
We are still getting emails claming that we are getting slander, just like you claim.  We wish that we could get the name of the parties that are slandering us.
You sound like a nice and sweet person.  Please, if you have any more questions, ask us.  Thanks, Liz.
 gypsygirl1977@aol.com wrote:
To member: rock_of_memories
>From member: mccoysmyheart

--------------------

It has been brought to my attention that you are not selling authentic McCoy Items and that you are also using another Ebay ID. I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I am wondering if you can clarify these things for me. Also, I was wondering why you feel the need to keep your feedback marked Private. I think you would get more bids and more trust, if you marked these public again...Just a thought!
Thanks,
Rebecca

This email was sent by an eBay member via eBay's email forwarding system.
If you reply to the email, your response will go directly to the member and
not through eBay.

eBay does not tolerate spam (i.e., unsolicited commercial email) and is
taking steps to protect members from this abuse. In addition, solicitations
to buy or sell items outside of eBay violate eBay rules and are not covered
by services that protect members such as feedback, insurance, escrow, and
dispute resolution. If this is an offer to buy/sell items outside of eBay,
please do not participate. Enter the following link into your browser to learn more. Link: http://pages.ebay.com/help/new/stopping_spam.html