[Mccoypottery-talk] Antique Weekly, my piece is in it!

Capriherb Jennifer@webs-best.com
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 19:15:10 -0400

Do you know when the next auction will be?  Will it be during Pottery week?
Wasn't this something like the 2nd of the auctions of her things?
Since you knew her, I have to ask....  Where in the world did she put
everything?  Did she own a mansion?  And everything was in such great
condition too!  I bought another little thing there for the sake basically
that it came from her collection,  but just to know that I own something
from one of the great collectors is really neat!  I sure wish I had known
her!
The auction that we went to the week before out there had several nice Hull
pieces (cookie jars) that the lady who owned the patent on them actually
signed herself before the auction.  They were the Gingerbread pieces.  I
thought that was just so neat too!
You know, I work with folks who were born and raised in the Zanesville area
and they don't have the pride that one would expect from people who lived in
such a world famous place.  It really amazes me that they don't think that
much about all the potteries that were there for a century.  I still love to
buy a Heartstone new piece or RRPC or any of the other potteries around
there.  I'm just amazed that the folks who live out there just don't see
what we from the "outside" see in all this.  The artistic talent and
craftsmanship is so amazing!  I guess because I've dabbled in pottery off
and on all my life that I'm a bit more appreciative....

Jennifer Smith
Capriherb Farm
Baltimore, Ohio