[Mccoypottery-talk] a lil' OT - need advice re: eBay feedback

Mark Jennings mjtn@bellsouth.net
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:59:52 -0500

Hi all,

I won an eBay auction a while back (June 24th). It was a 4 piece McCoy
lot  (a few planters). As soon as the auction was over, the seller e-mailed
me and asked me to please use Paypal because she was moving within 2 weeks,
and she wanted to do it the fastest way. (The auction page stated that
checks, money orders, or Paypal would be acceptable). I wrote her back and
said that I would go the very next day and mail a postal money order
because I wasn't set up with Paypal, and didn't want to do so. She wrote
back and said that'd be fine if I did it that quick.

I sent it the next day like I said I would. She shipped the package - one
box with all 4 items inside. I received it with one item broken (she had
packed it right next to the side of the box with just a few layers of
newspaper between it and the box). I had bought insurance, and I assume
that she paid for it because the box was stamped "insured." I wrote and
told her that one of the pieces was broken, and that I'd need the paper
that she received when she bought the insurance so that I could make a
claim at the post office. She didn't write me back, so a couple of weeks
later, I wrote her again. (I know how moving is! ... so I wanted to give
her plenty of time). Well - she *still* hasn't written me, and it is now
approximately 4 weeks since I wrote her the first e-mail asking her to mail
me the paper that I need. (actually - I only asked her to e-mail me re: the
shipment, and told her one piece was broken, and that I need to tell her
what she needs to do for me so that I can make a claim, in case she's not
familiar with the process).

Anyway ............ I've been giving her plenty of time because she said
she was moving, and in case something has happened, such as: she hasn't
gotten her new internet service going yet, etc., etc., etc. ...........
well - day before yesterday, she ledt me feedback (positive) so I KNOW she
has been online, and I can't imagine a good reason why she wouldn't have
seen my e-mails I've left 3 now, by the way. (I left another one after she
left me the feedback Monday).  I feel like she's avoiding me. I've never
left anyone anything but positive feedback, but I'm beginning to wonder if
I should leave neutral feedback for her. In a way, it's not a great big
deal, because I won the bid at $22.39 for 4 pieces, and there was only one
broken --- but she just won't write me back!

What would y'all do if you were me?

Thanks for any thoughts/advice.

mj