[Mccoypottery-talk] a lil' OT - need advice re: eBay feedback

BarbCrews barbc@thecookiejar.net
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:31:03 -0500

Mark,
Why don't you take the box and all to the Post Office and just file the
claim yourself.
I just filed a claim a few weeks ago, and didn't have the receipt from the
buyer. The box was marked Insured.
OH...
Make sure not to take the three good items with you, the Post Office will
keep them all.

bc

At 05:59 PM 8/6/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I won an eBay auction a while back (June 24th). It was a 4 piece McCoy
>lot  (a few planters). As soon as the auction was over, the seller
>e-mailed me and asked me to please use Paypal because she was moving
>within 2 weeks, and she wanted to do it the fastest way. (The auction page
>stated that checks, money orders, or Paypal would be acceptable). I wrote
>her back and said that I would go the very next day and mail a postal
>money order because I wasn't set up with Paypal, and didn't want to do so.
>She wrote back and said that'd be fine if I did it that quick.
>
>I sent it the next day like I said I would. She shipped the package - one
>box with all 4 items inside. I received it with one item broken (she had
>packed it right next to the side of the box with just a few layers of
>newspaper between it and the box). I had bought insurance, and I assume
>that she paid for it because the box was stamped "insured." I wrote and
>told her that one of the pieces was broken, and that I'd need the paper
>that she received when she bought the insurance so that I could make a
>claim at the post office. She didn't write me back, so a couple of weeks
>later, I wrote her again. (I know how moving is! ... so I wanted to give
>her plenty of time). Well - she *still* hasn't written me, and it is now
>approximately 4 weeks since I wrote her the first e-mail asking her to
>mail me the paper that I need. (actually - I only asked her to e-mail me
>re: the shipment, and told her one piece was broken, and that I need to
>tell her what she needs to do for me so that I can make a claim, in case
>she's not familiar with the process).
>
>Anyway ............ I've been giving her plenty of time because she said
>she was moving, and in case something has happened, such as: she hasn't
>gotten her new internet service going yet, etc., etc., etc. ...........
>well - day before yesterday, she ledt me feedback (positive) so I KNOW she
>has been online, and I can't imagine a good reason why she wouldn't have
>seen my e-mails I've left 3 now, by the way. (I left another one after she
>left me the feedback Monday).  I feel like she's avoiding me. I've never
>left anyone anything but positive feedback, but I'm beginning to wonder if
>I should leave neutral feedback for her. In a way, it's not a great big
>deal, because I won the bid at $22.39 for 4 pieces, and there was only one
>broken --- but she just won't write me back!
>
>What would y'all do if you were me?
>
>Thanks for any thoughts/advice.
>
>mj

Barbara Crews