[Mccoypottery-talk] New to list

BarbCrews barbc@thecookiejar.net
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:38:05 -0500

Hello
Welcome to the list..
The only question I can answer is the following:
:
>The person who I got it from said it was the bottom to red riding hood,
>but it looks like the bottom to a mammie cookie jar to me. The glaze has
>popped off in a couple of places. Otherwise it's in fairly decent shape.
>My question is, do people look for bottoms to these cookie jars? Is it
>worth trying to sell?

There is NO McCoy LIttle Red Riding Hood jar. So your base is from
something else. You might take a look at some picture online to decide what
jar it is and then you can either offer it for sale or trade.
Tops to jars are more in demand than bases, but there still are folks
looking for them. If the piece is chipped or has cracks, it's probably not
worth more than a few dollars. If it has no chips or cracks you'll do a
little better.

~barb

Barbara Crews
A Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll World!