[Mccoypottery-talk] FYI

Joe Pulliam jfpulliam@attbi.com
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 07:18:00 -0500

I buy ansd sell on e bay, along with having a shop too.  My selling
experience has been a good one. In ober 1200 sells I have 2 negative
feedback both of which were non paying bidders, got those after filing the
NPB alerts with e bay, 4 neturals for items broken in transit. I do have the
occassional non payment, I accept checks and never  had one bounce.
As for buying just last week I bought a pair of 1930's brown and green holly
vases, and at a very good price, however when they arrived they had repairs
which were not disclosed. I sent them back and received a full refund plus
shipping both ways. I think SOME of the sellers on  ebay do try a pull a
good one every now and then. But overall, they are a good bunch just like
you and I. Honest people trying to make a honest living. As you go along,
you begin to notice the Fayes of e bay. I have bought over a hundred items,
with only three bad deals and reived refunds for them all.
When looking at a auction notice the terms of sell, never buy form someone
who sats no refunds ( mahes me feel they are hifinng something) any
reputable dealer will stand behind what they sell. Look at feedback, if
there's a history it will follow you. If in doubt run the other way, usually
if it's to good to be true..... it is....... If you hidden feedback (
probably not a good seller with to many negative comments ) or bidders
idenity ( makes me wonder if the bids are legit too) somethings not right
and they have something to hide. I have been please using  ebay in the past
for both buying and selling. Research what you buy and the terms and postage
costs, along with the seller feedback, you should be okay. The Mammy cookie
jar  ( Item # 2614893012 ) I sent you guys. made me sick to think someone
was paying so much for a worthless piece of junk
Joe