[Mccoypottery-talk] Little Red Riding Hood Cookie Jar

Neongranny@aol.com Neongranny@aol.com
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:04:26 EST

In a message dated 2/23/03 1:28:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
barbc@thecookiejar.net writes:

> Here is some information on the Little Red Riding Hood jar..

I live in Texas and there is a HUGE once a month arts & crafts/flea market
about 20 miles from here .  It's fantastic...you couldn't see it all in a
week.  They have tons of pavilions and tons of outside vendors with booths.
Not long ago....this one booth...had a lot of antiques/junk?  ....and this
sign saying "Authentic-rare- McCoy Red Riding Hood Cookie Jar...do not
touch"...It
was marked $850.00.  I got to talking to the lady...and told her I didn't
think McCoy ever made Red Ridinghood...and she told me it was very
limited...etc.  Later, I saw a lady carrying it away.  I asked her if she was
a McCoy collector and she said yes...and I told her it was fake.  She told me
to mind my own business!  haha  Later, I went back by that same booth...they
had another one out!  Oh brother!
Ann