[Mccoypottery-talk] Little Red Riding Hood Cookie Jar

Betty F. Nelson bettyfnelson@mchsi.com
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:55:26 -0600

Sounds like you live close to Canton!  I think you could probably find anyt=
hing there and there is no policing body to help protect you from fraud or =
thieves.  You really need to read some books and learn from places like The=
 Mccoy talk. I can not imagine anyone paying that sort of price on just the=
 word of the dealer.

I am afraid many of the fraudelent dealers have been helped by "trustworthy=
, dependable" resources like the Antique Roadshow being caught with their l=
ies hanging out to make the show more interesting.
And any of the honest dealers that have gotten tired of trying to convince =
the customer that LRRH cookie jar was never made by McCoy. I strongly recco=
mmend a couple of good books on pottery.
Betty the Okie in Iowa

  I live in Texas and there is a HUGE once a month arts & crafts/flea marke=
t about 20 miles from here .  It's fantastic...you couldn't see it all in a=
 week.  They have tons of pavilions and tons of outside vendors with booths=
.  Not long ago....this one booth...had a lot of antiques/junk?  ....and th=
is sign saying "Authentic-rare- McCoy Red Riding Hood Cookie Jar...do not t=
ouch"...It