[Mccoypottery-talk] Photo Munging,was: Testing new Pottery photoalbum

acp acpearce@io.com
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 02:27:40 -0500

It looks like the latest version is the one I use, vsn 3.80.

Here are is the link for the Irfanveiw website.  You can go there
and follow the links to the download page.

http://www.irfanview.com/
<http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html>
Or go directly to this link at Tucows to download it.  Choose the
correct OS which it will be running on.   AND don't forget to download
the plugins (which you will install AFTER you install Irfanview).

http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html

To install Irfanview, just run the executable.

Sharpening, in most image munging programs, "un smoothes".  So,
it can make the pic look very bad, if the resolution is low to start
with.  Even on my huge pics, I hardly ever use it.

I don't like using the Office Photo manipulation thingie (can't even
remember it's name), because I'm an impatient person.  ;-)
However, different people like different programs.  That's why
there are a zillion on the market.   I only crank up Photoshop
for fancy stuff and use Irfanview for most everything else, though
I do have (actually installed on the machine) about every graphics
program you can go down and buy.   I just don't like most of them.
I told you I was pickey.  ;-)
:-)
acp