[Mccoypottery-talk] my profuse apology to the list

Chris Jubic cjubic@nycap.rr.com
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 10:06:35 -0700

All of that,and more! How would you catch the woggers? We would lay down a =
towel in the shallow water, and weight it down with a few small rocks, an w=
ait for the unsuspecting tads (or minows or crawdads or whatever else) came=
 passing over, and swish! (It takes two, really, to do this right) you whip=
 up the towel out of the water and ya got 'em!
Such funn! We would only keep them til they sprouted legs, and then release=
.=20
Heres a good one. A cat deposited a baby possum in my house one day. It cou=
ldnt have been more than a couple of weeks old. Looked like a little white =
(hissing?) mouse! Anyways, when the cat put it down I realized it had been =
injured so I rushed it off to the vet. Diagnosis, no broken bones but sever=
e spinal cord damage. The possum would never walk upright again, but would =
have to drag itself around by its front legs. Anyways, I wound up keep it a=
nd hand raising it and it became the best pet I ever had (and I have had pl=
enty!). He spent his days hanging out on the back of the living room couch,=
 and creeping around the house where-ever he wanted to go.....I even took h=
im on trips with me, hidden in my purse.  That was years and years ago, and=
 I still miss Petey, my pet paralegic possum.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: McQuita@aol.com=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 6:35 PM
  Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] my profuse apology to the list

  Gosh, Y'all have made me remember so many things tonight. We still have l=
ightening bugs here but not nearly as many as before.  Mom used to punch ho=
les in a jar lid and we'd catch them, put them ina jar and keep them an hou=
r or so...then we had to turn them lose.  Anyone ever go to the river, catc=
h tadpoles and keep them in water, watching them develop into little froggi=
es?=20