[Mccoypottery-talk] 2 ?'s re: McCoy ref. books

JHS capriherb@dialupnet.com
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:38:05 -0400

Email me Mark.  I'm interested!
Jennifer@webs-best.com

Jennifer Smith
Capriherb Farm
Baltimore, Ohio

-----Original Message-----
From: mccoypottery-talk-admin@lists.mccoypottery.com
[mailto:mccoypottery-talk-admin@lists.mccoypottery.com]On Behalf Of Mark
Jennings
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 9:01 PM
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com
Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] 2 ?'s re: McCoy ref. books

I asked a book question once and got many responses (thanks!) but it was
pretty much a general question. Now I have a more specific one.

I have the 3 volumes of Hanson-Nissen-Hanson, "McCoy Pottery, Collector's
Reference and Value Guide." Would anyone here advise me to also get the
Sanford (big red) book, or would I not find anything any different than in
the ones I already have? Are the values very different? If so, which is
more acurate? (I realize that could be a broad question since there are so
many items).

ALSO  .... I did a totally stupid thing (nothing new for me) ... I bought
the Vol. 2 (H-N-H) from a list member. At that time, I only had Vol. 3, so
I needed Vol. 1, also. Before it was shipped, I searched eBay to see if I
could find the other one. I saw an auction that said that it closed in
something like 45 seconds, and the bid was low. I got really excited and
bid on it in a hurry ..... To make this story a little shorter, I now have
2 Vol. 2's. :-p

Is anyone interested in a squeal of a deal on Vol. 2?

mj