[Mccoypottery-talk] (still OT) re: viruses

Mark Jennings mjtn@bellsouth.net
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:25:42 -0500

( ... is "viruses" a word? ... or is it one of those words like cacti?)

I'm not very up-to-date on how a computer virus is sent/received, etc., but
I've always used the free version of Eudora e-mail software because it's
easy to set the preferences to not open any attachments or run any kind of
html stuff, etc. I've always kept the settings that way. I've avoided a
virus more than once. When your preferences are set up this way, if you
receive an attachment with an extension anything other than jpg, gif, etc.,
especially something you're not expecting and from someone you don't know -
DON'T OPEN IT. The only thing you need to know is how to go
into  c:eudora/attach  in windows explorer and delete the file WITHOUT
opening it, and then empty the trash bin.

mj