[Mccoypottery-talk] Pipe - McCoy?

Mark Jennings mjtn@bellsouth.net
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 00:18:27 -0500

>"... Planters  were made  by so many companies  for florists and for sale
>for  very cheap ... in places like woolworths so  they were not  marked
>becasue the chainstores  didn't want them  to be  if marked at all it was
>just numbered or had an incised or in mold  mark  of just USA. Many of
>them are  fairly  inexpensive  to get due to this  but for a
>beginning  collector  who  is on a budjet  this type planeer  is  very
>affordable . Unless  they were a very limited run  they  are not  real
>high end . ..."

Patti, thanks for the good info. I think you're right. This "pipe" is
probably nothing much. It still has some of the what-cha-ma-call-it (foam?)
glued to the bottom of the inside. But my friend Betsy wanted me to try and
find out something about it for her.

>"...its still very muggy  tonight  we had to finally put in our ac
>downstairs  I have one up here but  hate to have
>to   put it on yet ... But i have a big floor  fan i wil  put on before
>I  go to bed."

It has been muggy here this week, too. --- I used to love sleeping with a
window unit or a big fan on. The noise made me sleep like a baby :-)

>"... Muggy  Is somethign I  can't take very well. I think its
>age  <grin> it just  as  my other halfs  grandmother used to say  it
>knocks the starch out of me."

I think she and I would have gotten along real well.

>"I meant nt to ask you  You  live in  Tenn. right  have you ever heard
>of   the company TNB?"

Yes, I live in Tennessee.  hmmmm I can't say that I've heard of TNB. What
do they do/make/manufacture?

mj