[Mccoypottery-talk] Brush Mc-Coy Cookie Jars

jconwill@bellsouth.net jconwill@bellsouth.net
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:57:20 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

--------------Boundary-00=_KNOFQL80000000000000

Barb, I just was going by the book I have and it just showed it as W 18 I
don't have a jar to go by.  That is why this site is so helpful.  I do have
the White Happy Bunny cookie jar made by Brush.  Thanks for the information
maybe this will help everyone out.=0D
=0D
Linda C. =0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=0D
Date: Friday, June 13, 2003 13:49:02=0D
To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=0D
Subject: Re: [Mccoypottery-talk] Brush Mc-Coy Cookie Jars=0D
 =0D
Just thought I would explain further about these.=0D
 =0D
The Company, when it was Brush McCoy, NEVER made cookie jars. NEVER EVER. =
=0D
If you see a jar marked BRUSH-MCCOY=0D
it's a fake, reproduction, copy, etc. Don't even bother asking -- it's =0D
fake, believe me.=0D
 =0D
Brush made cookie jars. McCoy made cookie jars. But never when they were =
=0D
together in the early part of the 20th century. Repeat Never!=0D
 =0D
As to the Humpty Dumpty with Beanie jar. The jar shown has been widely =0D
reproduced, it's been reproduced marked Brush-McCoy,=0D
it's been reproduced marked McCoy, it's also been reproduced marked Brush. =
=0D
AND it's also been "re-issued" by Department 56, but is smaller and clearly=
 =0D
marked Dept. 56.=0D
 =0D
If a jar is marked correctly, it can be very difficult to tell from =0D
pictures if it is a reproduction. Sometimes there will be a little =0D
difference that can make it clear, but other times it's very hard to tell. =
=0D
To make it even more difficult, many of the Brush molds were sold and the =
=0D
exact molds Brush used were later used to make jars by individuals. This =
=0D
just muddies the waters.=0D
 =0D
In the auction mentioned regarding the Brush w/Beanie jar. The mark is =0D
shown as W /8 and in the books it says the jar should be marked=0D
W 18. The reason for this is -- the actual mark sort of looks like a =0D
/ instead of a l . I have one of these jars myself and checked it again =0D
the l is slightly angled.=0D
 =0D
Now... for a bit of trivia -- read my next note.=0D
 =0D
bc=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
.=20
--------------Boundary-00=_KNOFQL80000000000000

Here was a non admissible message part of 'image/gif' MIME type. It has
been automatically discarded before sending the message to the list.