[Mccoypottery-talk] LeMure

Chris Jubic cjubic@nycap.rr.com
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 15:23:26 -0700

Pfaltzgraff made a reverse brown drip, I think.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: acp=20
  To: mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com=20
  Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 1:49 PM
  Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] LeMure

  Thanks for checking.  :-)   I'll look at the stamp again (it's quite exte=
nsive)
  and see if I can get more info.

  The little piece is decorated rather well, so I would have expected
  it to come from a professional manufacturer -- not a "fly by night" or=20
  one who produced junk.
  It reminds me of the "brown drip" style a lot of potters made, except
  there's no drip to it and the coloring is reversed.  It's cream with about
  a 1/2 inch of  brown & black decoration, painted with a fine brush,=20
  around the rim.   It has a nice "feel" to it, as if it were expensive pot=
tery,
  at one time.

  acp

  Chris Jubic wrote:

    Not in my Millers Marks or my Kovels. Sounds french, though, dont it?.

      ----- Original Message -----=20