[Mccoypottery-talk] LeMure

acp acpearce@io.com
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 13:49:58 -0700

Thanks for checking.  :-)   I'll look at the stamp again (it's quite
extensive)
and see if I can get more info.

The little piece is decorated rather well, so I would have expected
it to come from a professional manufacturer -- not a "fly by night" or
one who produced junk.
It reminds me of the "brown drip" style a lot of potters made, except
there's no drip to it and the coloring is reversed.  It's cream with about
a 1/2 inch of  brown & black decoration, painted with a fine brush,
around the rim.   It has a nice "feel" to it, as if it were expensive
pottery,
at one time.

acp

Chris Jubic wrote:

> Not in my Millers Marks or my Kovels. Sounds french, though, dont it?.

:-)