[Mccoypottery-talk] Central Ohio Potteries

ELIZABETH VAUGHN revaughn@webtv.net
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:43:12 -0400 (EDT)

There was a Burley-Winter pottery, and there is still a pottery with the
Burley name, isn't there?  Also, is there a Friendship pottery in
Zanesville now, and there is another one that has a store not far from
the TraveLodge there, but the name escapes me.  Oh, you forgot Watt, I
think.  And there was a Crooksville China Co., but that was dishes.  And
a Fraunfelter China Co. in Zanesville--I have a teapot and cups and
saucers of theirs on my web site.
Don't forget Wisecarver, too.  He was a true artist.  Too bad he died so
young.  We bought his stuff when his parents were selling it off the
back of a pick-up truck during pottery week.
Other potteries came and went over the years, but I think you hit the
major ones.
The only other really well-known Ohio pottery I can think of would
probably be Hall at East Liverpool.
Elizabeth

My eBay:  http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/wyandotkid/

My web site:  http://collectalotshop.com/lizspostcardsandthings/