[Mccoypottery-talk] OT: look out for this

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 23:50:58 -0100

acp, Sounds like you need filters . I get this type stuff  from my eshop
but I use a yahoo email for that thus filters  it all too bulk mail.
Usually is someone trying to get me to  join opt in Faa search engines
which are  basically  a big feast  for spammers .  It  sounds like some
swiped you  address  possible from  a list server .  If possible I take
these things and open the headers to see  if i can find an ISP for them
then report it.  Or  if something like  someone trying to get me  to
use  their "services" i send them a  neat little  copyrighted  spam
offer letter I got online  which  states for every email  they send me
they have  to pay me  10 bucks and its perfectly legal  to charge them
never got any replies back   usually it works . .
With the porn stuff that's going to be tough You can't  reply or  hit
unsub  since you  will be verifying your email addy  and  by  answering
this  person that's exactly what you did.  I  will not  ever  open
anything  or reply to it unless  I am asked  something specific  that I
know  would make it a legit question like  a send seller an email  in
reference to  an Item I have for sale and they ask me how much to ship
if they   just add I need  info or  do you have  more of these  are you
buying I delete it. When I first go  my cable modem  my  first user ID
got  riddled with spam  eventually I had to  change  the  email ID .

--
Items I have listed  On iOffer it's  not an auction its better!!
http://www.ioffer.com/viewProfile.do?userID=jplev1&tab=SELLING