[Mccoypottery-talk] Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE OF POTTERS ????????

Chris Jubic cjubic@nycap.rr.com
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 20:25:08 -0800

Anyone know if there were ever was such an organization? I've heard or read
someplace that  back in the time just after WWII, due to the influx of
Japanese imports and declining  sales,  some (I think) Ohio pottery
companies got together and formed an organization such as this. The reason I
ask is because I have a pottery piece incised with "NLP USA"....I'm thinking
"National League Of Potters, USA"
Any info appreciated.