[Mccoypottery-talk] Anyone go to the auction?

Capriherb Jennifer@webs-best.com
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 17:15:27 -0500

I did and bought waaaayyy too much, but it was an enjoyable day!  The lady
who was sitting next to me got a Roseville cookie jar for $500.00!!!  So
much for inexpensive tastes!<G>
I will have to unload the car, but did get some McCoy.  A large vase in the
duck motif and a pitcher were 2 that I got.  Got a Marcrest cookie jar, a
Hull bean pot, and some other McCoy things.  Oh, one was the old drip McCoy
Cookie Jar that I really liked!
Got some Zanesville pottery as well and a few cookie jars that are not worth
anything unless you just like them, like a cow, a pumpkin, and a Christmas
mouse.
I also got a couple of Currier and Ives old prints and a really pretty
etching as well as a perfectly good condition 8 gallon crock.
Don't know if I paid too much or too little, but I've GOT to get a booth at
a mall soon cause my house won't hold all the stuff that I just can't live
without when that auction hammer starts to come down!
I passed up probably the best thing I saw today and I'm now upset that I
didn't keep bidding.  A Crescent Cookie jar, sugar/creamer and salt/pepper
all in great condition.  I stopped at $40.00 and probably should have gone
on and bit the bullet!  Oh well!!!

Now, I have 15 cookie jars..... Does this make me a cookie jar collector or
just strange????

Jennifer Smith
Capriherb Farm
Baltimore, Ohio