[Mccoypottery-talk] The Auction

Capriherb Jennifer@webs-best.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:19:08 -0500

Well, I only bought 2 things at the auction and we left at around item 400
because the little goat I wanted went for $80.00!!!
But we bought one of the jardinières/pedestal combinations because it has a
small chip on the bottom about 1/4 X 1/8 inch, but was otherwise okay.  The
highest price was $1100.00 and the other pedestals/jardinière combos went
from a low of $275.00 to over $600.00 which I thought was CHEAP!  The smalls
though were going for high prices for auctions in this area.  But it is a
privilege to own something from this prestigious collection which adds to
the value I'm sure.
The prices for the really big stuff went well, but the smalls were VERY
high!
We tried to write down all the prices from item 30 on to around 400 so if
anyone wants to know what any of those items went for, let me know.  From
what was told to me, yes Nelson and his wife and son were there.  I know who
the son is because he had on a McCoy, Inc shirt on, and I think I know who
the father is as well.
VERY interesting!  Another man there has the largest remaining together
collection I guess in the country and he wasn't really buying but watching.
There were folks there from everywhere in the United States!!!
Jennifer Smith
Capriherb Farm
Baltimore, Ohio