[Mccoypottery-talk] McCoy Auction in Lexington Kentucky

Patti jplev1@comcast.net
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 21:17:27 -0200

just a note don't be afraid to buy a piece with crazing (real crazing
you can tell if you lightly run you fingernail over it  you will feel
it  if not  its  under the glaze) crazing  is there on  much  of  older
pottery but barely seen  because it was rarely handlesd   the  more
noticalbe thwe   more it was handled  or used crazing can be cleaned  up
too  but  do not try  bleach it may clean it but also may  bleach the
clay or make the crazing spotty if its real dark. To freshen up an item
not cover  it up  you can use  a solution of  peroxide the  hair kind
not the  atiseptic  kind   or make a paste   with  some  baking soda
and  leave it sit  and repeat until  it  has  cleaned it  has given you
the desired  effect  (cleaned it up a bit not  removed any  character) .

I feel  older  items   that have  crazing show me it  has bee used  and
is old and gives it some character  .

--
Items I have listed  On iOffer it's  not an auction its better!!
http://www.ioffer.com/viewProfile.do?userID=jplev1&tab=SELLING