[Mccoypottery-talk] McCoy Auction in Lexington Kentucky

John Melson jemmelson39@yahoo.com
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 00:57:22 -0800 (PST)

 Thanks for the little tidbit of info  Patti       Thanks  John
 Patti <jplev1@comcast.net> wrote:just a note don't be afraid to buy a piece with crazing (real crazing
you can tell if you lightly run you fingernail over it you will feel
it if not its under the glaze) crazing is there on much of older
pottery but barely seen because it was rarely handlesd the more
noticalbe thwe more it was handled or used crazing can be cleaned up
too but do not try bleach it may clean it but also may bleach the
clay or make the crazing spotty if its real dark. To freshen up an item
not cover it up you can use a solution of peroxide the hair kind
not the atiseptic kind or make a paste with some baking soda
and leave it sit and repeat until it has cleaned it has given you
the desired effect (cleaned it up a bit not removed any character) .

I feel older items that have crazing show me it has bee used and
is old and gives it some character .

--
Items I have listed On iOffer it's not an auction its better!!
http://www.ioffer.com/viewProfile.do?userID=jplev1&tab=SELLING