[Mccoypottery-talk] July in Ohio

ELIZABETH VAUGHN revaughn@webtv.net
Wed, 7 May 2003 07:42:50 -0400 (EDT)

Go to the McCoy Pottery Collectors Connection and then to reunion
information for dates (July 6-10) and activities.  (Tom, what did you
write in blue?  Can't read that on my TV screen.)   There is a flea
market July 10-13, at the Ohio Ceramic Center which is on the highway
between Roseville and Crooksville (go to www.potteryfestival.org.)
People do set up there, and I think there are other places, too, but
that is the one that is an official part of the Pottery Festival.  The
festival is for all kinds of pottery.  The Pottery Lovers have a reunion
at the Holiday Inn July 7-11 and their big show and sale in Cambridge on
July ll-12.  For infor on the Hull pottery show and sale July 7-8 go to
www.hullpotteryassociation.org.
To take part in the McCoy events you have to belong to the McCoy Pottery
Collectors Society.  The mixer and auction on Tuesday evening and the
banquet and display on Thursday evening) are where you get to really
meet people and learn about the pottery.  You don't have to belong if
you just want to come and browse the hotel rooms when they are open to
see what you might want to buy.  To take part in that, it is better to
belong and be registered.  That way people can find you if YOU want to
sell anything.
We  haven't missed too many pottery festivals in over 20 years, so I
think we will probably be the most senior of the senior citizens
attending, except for perhaps the McCoys.  Don't know their ages, but
they are delightful people and very supportive of the group and thrilled
that so many people are interested in collecting their pottery.

My eBay:  http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/wyandotkid/

My web site:  http://collectalotshop.com/lizspostcardsandthings/