[Mccoypottery-talk] Jensen

carolyn graves curly_stoner@yahoo.com
Sat, 24 May 2003 20:26:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All
Don't know if this will help any but this is what I found out byu chance today when reading my CJ Book. His name is Roger Jensen he lives in Rockwood,TN. He first used the McCoy trademark on January 1,1991 because he didn't believe that the original McCoy trademark had ever been registered by the founding Ohio potters. He filed for federal trademark registration on August 31,1992,recieved approval on March 9, 1993. The registration has since beed revoked. Ralph Porto owner of Designer Accents who bought McCoy from the Lancaster Colony Group in 1985 proved he registered the McCoy trademark on June 25 ,1991.
That is what it says in the Collector's Enyclopedia of Cookie Jars Vol #2
Hope this helps or maybe enlightens us that are new to McCoy. Carolyn