[Mccoypottery-talk] Re: [McCoy pottery-talk] Faye and Roger Jensen

Trey Triggs trey2558@yahoo.com
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:21:08 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

--------------Boundary-00=_8NV5QL80000000000000

You make a valid point.  These repos are counterfeit; they are made from
molds created off of original pieces.  If Roger, or anyone, wants to take
the untrademarked name McCoy, he needs to create his own pottery.  My last
straw has been the dog dish -- I like that piece (don't know why) and am
appalled at the reproductions being sold.  They are so easy to pick out, and
yet people will bid almost $50 per piece.  I have one authentic dog dish and
am always looking to buy more.=0D
=0D
As mentioned prior, I contacted my friend at the DOJ and emailed my
Representative.  We can talk all we want here, but the counterfeiters are
still out there making their products, ripping off people, and devaluing
authentic pieces.  Like Kevin eluded to, we need to contact his mayor and
others: DAs, DOJ, News Media, etc.  Reproductions destroy an honest trade,
rip off people, destroy the hard work that went into McCoy pottery for years
 and devalue our authentic pieces.  We must educate people -- the people on
this list have a colossal amount of knowledge (to which I owe them many
thanks), but we can't allow repos.  The NM Xpress is a great newsletter, and
we can't allow repos.  But counterfeit items will continue unless our voice
is heard.=0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D