[Mccoypottery-talk] Thanks to our Veterans!

Terry Kinsey mccoy@mccoypottery.com
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:24:04 -0800

Jennifer:  I am a Marine Corp veteran.   Today, I was shocked by the
local communities we live around when I as usual I went to the
cemetery to honor all vets there as well a my father-in-law to find
that there
was this year not one small flag on the military markers.  Then as I
drove through two town square of the
two communities we are near to find not one city placed flags up in
the city.  To my amazement what was
placed was Christmas decorations.  There were no Veterans Day parades
nor was the local War Memorial
decorated with flags.  How can we forget?......Yesterday was the
226th birthday of the US Marine Corp which also was not remembered
locally, which I can understand but not Veterans Day.  The Banks and
Government offices were closed.  The Package Express delivery person
delivered packages to our office today and he said that this is not a
holiday, it is a whimpy holiday for federal employees.  Once again I
was
shocked that Veterans Day is looked at so lightly.   Semper Fi ,   Terry

--
McCoy Pottery On Line
<www.mccoypottery.com>