[Mccoypottery-talk] Fakes and our Stand against them

ljconwill@bellsouth.net ljconwill@bellsouth.net
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 08:49:20 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

--------------Boundary-00=_8U7FQL80000000000000

Mark, I also live in Mississippi and have noticed that we don't run across
as many fakes as other places, however we used to set up at our local flea
market and we have a dealer from Tennessee bring a truck load of McCoy
cookie jar's down to sale.  I have several people come by and ask if I had
seen them.  So I ventured off to his booth and sure enough as soon as I got
close enough to see them I knew they were fakes.  Needless to say I
confronted them about taking advantage of people that didn't know anything
about fakes.  They said they had sold 10 to one person and that they did not
represent them  as real McCoy jars.  I asked if they told people that they
were fakes and he said     "of course not"  no one would buy them.  Well we
talked on a few minutes longer and I told them that they would not prosper
with what they were doing.  =0D
Then Sunday morning when they got up the person that bought the 10 jars
brought all of them back and demanded there money back.  They said they
carried them home and did some research and found out they were fake.  They
didn't want to give the people there money back but finally agreed to
because they were drawing such a crowd and knew they were caught they packed
there items up and left.  As far as I know they haven't been back.=0D
=0D
=0D
Linda C.=0D
=0D