[Mccoypottery-talk] question off subject

BigBVideo@aol.com BigBVideo@aol.com
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 23:30:51 EDT

Linda,
I think you would be best off just not leaving feedback and avoiding that
seller in the future.

As the seller, she should have left feedback for you when she received your
payment. But if she did not, I think she would retaliate if you left neutral or
negative feedback. She definitely owes you AT LEAST an apology! It wasn't
clear if your shakers were actually damaged, but if they were, they should
reimburse you for the purchase. If they weren't damaged, they should refund the
money  you paid for the insurance, but you can bet that's not going to happen.
Just chalk it up to a bad eBay experience with a bad seller. The fact that she
has 100% positive feedback is irrelevant. No one ships things expecting them to
get damaged, but taking your money for insurance and  keeping it is just plain
stealing.

For several years, I resisted using PayPal. I preferred to send money orders.
But now I prefer PayPal as it gives me a little clout in dealing with
problems. My PayPal is linked to a credit card. If there is a problem with shipping
or the item, and the seller doesn't respond appropriately, I call my credit
card company, who immediately credits my account. If the dispute is resolved, I
can have the credit card company go ahead and make the payment.

I would also suggest that you also let others, such as this group, know who
the seller is. I read feedback and look at other auctions listed to try to
learn what I can about a seller before I buy. Knowing that others have had
problems with a particular seller is helpful. If I want an item badly enough, at
least I am prepared for what I might have to deal with. Or I can avoid the seller.

Honesty and good communication are what makes eBay work. Sellers such as the
one you are dealing with ruin the spirit of the concept of online auctions.

Walter