[Mccoypottery-talk] question off subject

McCoyPottery.com List Mom listmom@mccoypottery.com
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:33:16 -0500

On Apr 11, 2004, at 9:41 PM, Jerry Reedy wrote:

> As an e-Bayer both seller and buyer I feel the seller is responsible
> either to give you a full refund including shipping or make some form
> of amendment to you. I would leave her negative feed back as a matter
> of principal rather than be taken advantage of unless she is willing
> to do what she knows is right.

It really depends on what the auction says.  I make no guarantees and
sell everything "as-is".  I offer insurance on all items as an option,
and required it on the ones I feel should have it!  Anyway, the seller
has no proof what so ever that an items, was not delivered, was
damaged, or anything for that matter.  There is always gonna be risk in
buying things site unseen.  If that's a risk you are willing to take,
then bad luck is was must be expected some times.  If you are unsure
about an item being delivered safely do any or all of the following:

1.  Pick the item up in person
2.  Insure it
3.  Have the carrier request a signature and confirmed receipt

Outside of that, again, it is a risk you take.  Why the buyer should be
responsible for what happens to something once it leaves their
possession is something I would have a difficult time with.

Regards,
The List Mom
McCoy Pottery Online
http://www.mccoypottery.com