[Mccoypottery-talk] Interesting item on eBay web site item# 3719925721: McCoy Cookie Jar

mjtn@charter.net mjtn@charter.net
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 01:02:49 -0500

Well, so here's my 2 cents ... I wrote the seller a letter using eBay's
"contact a seller" form. Wonder what she'll think? hmmmm

Question from eBay Member: McCoy Cookie Jar

Hello, Do you realize that the "Mammy" cookie jar is a reproduction?
Actually, it's not even really a repro. in the true sense of the word. A
repro is made to look exactly like the original, but this one doesn't even
have the right head, etc., etc. At any rate, it's not authentic. Either you
think it's authentic (because of the starting price) or you know it's a
fake, and hope it sells to some unsuspecting person. Also, the catagory
isn't correct. *IF* it were real, it should be under McCoy, not
Brush-McCoy. There's a real difference. When Brush & McCoy were together
for a few years, they never even made ANY kind of cookie jars. But Brush
did, and McCoy did, but not while they were Brush-McCoy. If you were not
aware that this piece is not original and authentic, then I'm certain
you'll appreciate the information I've given you, and I'm genuinely sorry
to have to break the news. If you KNEW all this, I'm certain you're more
than a little angry for having been confronted. If this is the case,
there's absolutely *NOTHING* you can say to me or anyone else that will
justify what you're doing --- passing off a cheaply made "fake" as
something authentic. You don't even have some word like NEW "hidden" in
your description so that people who are "on their toes" could realize it's
a fake if they'd just read between the lines. Shame, shame, SHAME on you!

To view the item, go to:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3719925721>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3719925721