[Mccoypottery-talk] Listing

j b cyclops-eyesonly@msn.com
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 07:35:32 -0600

I almost bought a jar just like it when I was starting out. I have bought a=
 fake spirit of seventy six mug though. I've gotten so gun-shy (so to speak=
) that I've confined my Mccoy expeditions to estate sales and garage sales.

James
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tom Walker<mailto:teedub@gamewood.net>=20
  To: list<mailto:mccoypottery-talk@lists.mccoypottery.com>=20
  Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 10:37 PM
  Subject: [Mccoypottery-talk] Listing

  Thanks for all the positive feedback on what I am doing.
  A friend  here got burned really bad with  a jar  just like the one pictu=
red in  my auction.
  So I took heed to Chiquita's words "EDUCATE YOURSELF".
  Well most folks don't realize that there are folks out there.
  And if they knew that there were fakes out there they would not know how =
to iID them.
  My auction gives the bidders the power of knowledge.
  One person wrote me this note today after making my listing.

  you state that the red riding cookie jar is NOT a McCoy. Then why are you=
 listing it under McCoy? I believe that is leading people on and against EB=
AY policy. Also why are you charging so much for shipping? $100. A little s=
teep I would say. Also against EBAY policy. Overcharging on shipping...

  Note I did make shipping $100  simply because  folks are willing to pay t=
hat for a fake.
  I am not selling anything  just passing out  free info.
  Tom