[Mccoypottery-talk] help

McCoyPottery.com List Mom listmom@mccoypottery.com
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:17:43 -0600

On Dec 16, 2004, at 6:01 PM, ELIZABETH VAUGHN wrote:

> Yes, LIst MOm,  what happened?  I had over 150 and had to delete them
> all.

I sent out an email detailing what caused the problem, however it seems
it never made it.

Here is a copy of the message sent earlier:

Hello, we are in the process of revamping the mailing lists digest to
strip out HTML and make the digest posts more readable.

In any event, our programmer in charge of doing this accidentally sent
the revamped messages to the list itself.  This was stopped before
around 16,000+ emails were sent.   However around 150 or so were sent
to users of this list.  I apologize for this.  We have taken measures
to insure that this does not happen again.

The messages are small, but will be none the less quite annoying.  You
can simply do a find in your mail client for the following sender:

The administrator of

Then delete all.  If you need assistance doing this, please let us
know.  Again, my apologies.

Regards,
The List Mom
McCoy Pottery Online